Sunday, December 14, 2008

Serious, serious stuff...

Apparently, at some point last week (and I don't know how I missed it), the President-Elect was seen working out with...a Zune.

I say again...the President-Elect was seen...not with an iPod, but with a Microsoft Zune.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Friends don't let friends buy Zunes.

If you want to punish your child for something they've done that's really, really terrible, you buy them a Zune.

Appleworld, of course, melted down.  (Ya think?!?!)

When Zune-gate blew up around Obama, hundreds of bloggers and internet readers couldn't get enough. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO," one iPod-loving user wailed on the blog Engadget. "I want my vote back!"

"Excellent news," a pro-Zune user wrote. "Nice to see he doesn't conform to the crowd and taking style over substance."

Even Philadelphia City Paper reporter Neal Santos, who broke the news that Obama was using a Zune, felt the need to say more. "I don't know for sure that it was his," Santos said in an update to his Zune post. "It could belong to one of the many Secret Service dudes that were at the gym."

Noticing all the chaos the news was causing, the typically coy Obama press shop felt the need to respond. "The president-elect uses an iPod," an Obama spokesman told the Wall Street Journal.

Whew.

No comments: