Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Democrats: No matter what the news, it's always bad for us somehow...

So on Salon, I get Alex Koppelman, not one of my faves, saying "Low turnout in Georgia runoff good news for Chambliss."

Mind you, that's the Link on the Salon front page, the teaser. Click and you'll eventually read this:

The New York Times says there are short lines at the polling places where voters are going for a run-off between Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss and challenger Jim Martin, a Democrat.

The Times' Robbie Brown calls turnout "critical to both candidates’ success." Of course, that's technically true. But really, as in most elections, turnout is most important to the Democrats in this case, and this is not a good sign for Martin.

But I turn around, go to Daily Kos and Blogger Brownsox, and what do I see??

It looks like turnout is fairly high, which may not bode well.

I swear to God, the news gives me a headache sometimes.

Listen, I don't think Martin is going to win this one, but let's not give up the ghost before the votes are counted, shall we??

No comments: