Monday, February 23, 2009

Rahmbo puts it best...

The White House Chief of Staff backed something I said up...

Granted, he doesn't know me, know (or read) this blog, or even care what this blog has to say, but still...

That's not the point, the point is he said something I said, but said it far, far better...

"Now, my view is that Krugman as an economist is not wrong. But in the art of the possible, of the deal, he is wrong. He couldn't get his legislation."

Very reasonable. He just said it flat out, what Krugman is saying about the size of the Stimulus Package is bang on the money, but we still couldn't get it through the Congress. Despite how some (maybe even me) are making it out to be confrontational, I don't think it is.

There's been some pitter-patter from the small group of Liberals I don't like. Andrew Leonard over at Salon continues.

If Obama had asked for a $1.2 trillion or greater stimulus package, it's just as possible that he would have scared off some of the more conservative Democratic senators and made passing his bill even tougher. Who better to make that calculation that Rahm Emanuel, a veteran of both the White House and Congress?