Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rep. Wilson... (VIDEO)



I have never seen that look on Speaker Pelosi's face. Usually, she's the schoolmarm, Mom scolding her kids for talking too loud...

But look at her face. She's ready to throw.

It was the length of time she stared, that's what did it for me. She locked in on Wilson's face, and made promises that no man would wish on his worst enemy.

But I do wish them on Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina. (South Carolina...what is it with you people?!?!)

He did...apologize.

This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," the congressman said in a statement. "While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.

Not accepted.

It's not accept, because this is just one in a long line of this kind of behavior from this current Republicans Party. I will not amend this action with polite words or adjectives. This was racism, pure and simple.

And if you have your doubts, I could really give a !@#$!

The action we saw this evening would not have happened with a White President standing there.

We as a Nation are being continually told, over and over again by the hard American Right that this President is illegitimate, that this man's holding the Office, after getting more votes than any other Candidate in American History, is not to be respected, or...frankly...tolerated.

I will repeat what Dan Savage said a couple days ago: there are elements in the Republican Party that are trying to get the President killed, by continually denigrating the office (he's not worthy of your respect), presenting him as a threat to freedom, and your children (he's an evil predator, taking away everything you own), and in a lot of cases openly threatening him or hinting at threats.

Republicans, Conservatives, people like Joe Wilson of South Carolina, are now the face of the Republican Party and Conservative Movement. By your continued silence, this is what you are telling us is okay as far as the discourse in this country, and you will be held no less personally responsible for anything that happens in the future.

And no, John McCain and the Idaho GOP aren't enough.