Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Even Crooks and Liars...

This is from Jon Perr of Crooks and Liars, echoing the same idea that Jeffrey Goldberg did:

As President Obama stands poised to escalate the war in Afghanistan while purportedly offering an exit strategy from it, Americans can and should debate whether his is the right course for U.S. national security interests. The list of contingencies which must go right for the U.S. to succeed - curbing corruption in the Karzai government, securing Pakistani cooperation and commitment in battling insurgents in its frontier regions and buying off Pashtun tribal warlords, just to name a few - is a very long one. But to claim, as Michael Moore now does, that candidate Barack Obama never told his supporters he would dramatically ratchet up the American effort there is just fantasy.

I got the Email from MichaelMoore.com and did something I never thought I'd do, I promptly dropped his Email Newsletter.

Listen, I liked Bowling for Columbine, I loved Fahrenheit 9/11 and I loved, loved, loved Sicko. But I passed on Capitalism: A Love Story because I didn't think Moore has a good grip on Economics...

...but I didn't drop his newsletter. I just disagreed with the premise for Capitalism; that the Bailouts were unnecessary.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to burn down a Banking System or Capitalism, you damn well better have something to replace it with. Instead, Moore's solution for Capitalism was "Freedom".

Once he said that, I knew I was skipping the movie.

But this email about Afghanistan? Michael Moore was just making !@#$ up. If you're going to lie, I've got better things to do with my time.