Saturday, March 20, 2010

"The objection to the health care bill has become a proxy for other sentiments..." Part II

I have decided that in the coming 2010 Campaign Season, I'm not going to give money to the DSCC or the DCCC, because there are (frankly) certain Democrats (Blanche Lincoln, Bart Stupak) that I don't want to give money to. Frankly, I could care less if they won their jobs back. I will concentrate my money on local races and to select Democrats.

That being said, I'm going to add Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH) (Kent State, Akron) to my list of people worth giving money to.



What he said wasn't that revolutionary or special. He's not going to be competing with the President in a contest of oratorical skills anytime soon. He just took the podium, and said what needed to be said. And the fact that it was said by a straight white guy should not go unnoticed. I think it would have been easier to dismiss if it was another Gay member of Congress or another African-American.

The only thing that would have been more effective was to see a Republican make this speech. I would have gladly posted it, but so far, all I hear is crickets.