Friday, October 7, 2011

HEY! #OWS!! You may think Obama and Bush are the same, but Obama HAS YOUR BACK!!

From today's Press Briefing:

Cantor weighed in on the growing Occupy Wall Street movement in a speech to the social conservatives at the 2011 Values Voter Summit in Washington.

"I for one am increasingly concerned about the growing mobs occupying Wall Street and the other cities across the country," he said.

Uh, excuse me? White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said in the briefing today.

"I sense a little hypocrisy unbound here--what we're seeing on the streets of New York is a an expression of democracy," Carney said. "I think I remember how Mr. cantor described protests of the tea party--I can't understand how one man's mob is another man's democracy."

Note: I corrected a mistake in the text.  For some reason identified the bold quote as coming from Cantor, which didn't make sense, given the story.

So, OWS...

Look, I support you, I support your goals, but at some point what you're doing is going to have to translate into some kind of political action.  I know a lot of you feel let down by the Democrats and the President, but the Republicans are your mortal enemies.  If you don't support the President in 2012, and he loses, what the hell was the point of all this if all you do is wind up handing power to the people who think you're nothing but an unwashed mob?