Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Race Baiting and still more Willing Republicans who go along with it... (VIDEO)

I'm not sure I was with Rachel on this one, but I sure as hell wasn't with Rick Tyler...



I love how Lawrence O'Donnell ended the discussion:  Name the program that Republicans passed that helped African-Americans out of poverty.

It wasn't quite crickets, but...given what Rick Tyler vomited up, it was damn close.

Also, I'm getting sick of Republicans trying to pretend racial hostility to this President isn't a dynamic worming its way through this election. Tyler spent quite a deal of time saying that it was MSNBC who brought it up.

Tyler's answer was similar to Kennedy's appearance on the Bill Maher show last week saying that the Brewer-Obama confrontation was about sexism, not racism.

(Editor's note: Of course, I can't find any video to back that claim up.  The closest I could find is below, where you can see Kennedy getting revved up.)



Despite the lack of video, Kennedy falls into the Willing category, as in willing to provide cover to enable racist behavior.

Anyway, back to the main subject.  That all being said, I wasn't with Rachel on this one. I hate giving anyone a pass, but what Gingrich but it didn't make me cringe.  I kinda stared at him and went "Really? That's what you're going with?"

Remember, I'm an expert at what offends African-Americans, given that I'm...you know...African-American.

You want to see what did offend me? The "jig" comment dropped by Jennifer, a questioner on the Google Hangout earlier this week.  It was replayed on the Daily Show (wait till about 1:59 into the video):


That made me cringe.