Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Leave it to Stephen Colbert...

So, on his show last night "Stephen Colbert" tried his best to exploit the divide between Blacks and Gays, because that's what Republicans like "Colbert" do. (Note: "Stephen Colbert" is a wingnut, whereas Stephen Colbert, the actor who plays him, isn't.)

But he brought on Dan Savage, a gay columnist (and frequent Bill Maher guest) who I normally have a lot of respect for. So there I am holding my breath, wondering what the hell he's going to say about the Black-Gay divide.

Well, Dan Savage did what good columnists are supposed to do. He told me something I didn't know before.  He told me that the real problem in the Prop 8 voting here in California wasn't racial, it was generational.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Proposition 8 Protests - Dan Savage
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News


Nate Silver backs Dan up.

No comments: