Sunday, December 7, 2008

HuffPo: Steve Hildebrand responds to the President-Elect's Progressive Critics...

...or the "Stick-Up-The-Butt" Liberals as Stephanie Miller likes to call them, or the Tools as I like to call them.

Steve starts off well enough, with a nice laundry list of what the President-Elect faces. Finally, in the next to last paragraphs (ain't that always the way?), he gets to the nitty gritty:

I could go on and on. The point I'm making here is that our new President, the Congress and all Americans must come together to solve these problems. This is not a time for the left wing of our Party to draw conclusions about the Cabinet and White House appointments that President-Elect Obama is making. Some believe the appointments generally aren't progressive enough. Having worked with former Senator Obama for the last two years, I can tell you, that isn't the way he thinks and it's not likely the way he will lead. The problems I mentioned above and the many I didn't, suggest that our President surround himself with the most qualified people to address these challenges. After all, he was elected to be the President of all the people - not just those on the left.

Amen.

Not quite the utter smackdown I wanted, but it's good enough.

Like I've said.  I'm a progressive.  I proudly call myself a Liberal.  But some of the things I've been reading and seeing have been driving me crazy.
Another reminder that we all have to put our shoulders to the wheel, because there is a lot of work yet to come...

No comments: