Friday, November 19, 2010

Do you think maybe it's time for MSNBC's Phil Griffin to be fired?

I have zero love for Joe Scarborough. But punishing him for something you didn't think was wrong until Keith Olbermann did it strikes me as painfully ridiculous.

MSNBC has suspended "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough for the same violation that took Keith Olbermann off the air earlier this month.

In a statement, MSNBC President Phil Griffin said he has suspended Scarborough for making political donations to candidates in Florida without seeking prior approval.

Fair is fair...I guess. But I am starting to wonder about Mr. Griffin's motives.  This all seems hyper-heavy-handed.  What makes a political donation made by a "reporter" (note the quotes) for a news organization less onerous by seeking "approval" for it?

Oh yeah, so the lawyers won't get suprised.

With that, I'll be sure to post Jon Stewart's Interview with the guy who wrote the book: "A World Without Lawyers" later today.