Sunday, January 4, 2009

NBC: Richardson...out??

Yeah, according to Andrea Mitchell.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, tapped in December by President-elect Barack Obama to serve as secretary of Commerce, has withdrawn his name for the position, citing a pending investigation into a company that has done business with his state.

"Let me say unequivocally that I and my Administration have acted properly in all matters and that this investigation will bear out that fact," he said Sunday in a report by NBC News' Andrea Mitchell. "But I have concluded that the ongoing investigation also would have forced an untenable delay in the confirmation process."

I'm not happy about this.  Richardson was someone I wanted for State, much less Commerce.  I was overjoyed at the number of Latinos in Obama's cabinet.

At the same time, memo to Blagojevich and Burris.  This is how it's done.  This is what honor and integrity look like.

No comments: