Monday, September 20, 2010

President Obama" I can't give tax cuts to the top two percent and lower the deficit at the same time. I don't have the math." (VIDEO)

No one does.

Via TPM: If you think we can cut taxes for the rich, then you can't add.



"I would love to do [cut taxes], anybody in elected office would love nothing more than to give everybody tax cuts ... not cut services, make sure that I'm providing help to student loans, make sure that we're keeping our roads safe and our bridges safe, make sure that we're paying for our veterans coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan," Obama said. "At some point the numbers just don't work, so what I've said is very simple. Let's go ahead and move forward on what we agree to ... everybody would get tax relief, just up to $250,000 a year or more, and let's get the economy moving faster."