Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gay Folks, I hope you realize what happened, and who really stabbed you in the back today (VIDEO)

In case you can't tell, I'm a bit miffed at the Gay Community today. Part of it extends from my memories of the Prop. 8 fiasco, where initially the Gay Community blamed blacks (turns out without justification) for it being passed.

Now, it seems the Gay Community is turning its wrath (yeah, I'm talkin' about you Andrew Sullivan, though he did at least publish some dissents to his caterwauling) on the Obama Administration instead of where it should belong, with Senate Republicans, namely John McCain, Olympia Snowe, and Susan Collins. Champeen liars all.

So it is with a measure of sadness that I report that I turn to my ideological colleague, but media nemesis (Yeah, like she even knows who I am, but I still think she panics way too easily) Rachel Maddow for some (and I can't believe I'm saying this) balance and sanity.

Take it away, Rachel.



I thought it was highly important that she highlighted her own interview with the Vice President, where he talked about a "deal" to keep the prosecutions going in order to get the votes.

Now, it looks like someone stabbed the Administration in the back.

That's who the Gay Community should be pissed at today.

And yeah, Rachel is right. I think the Obama Administration should go back on its word now, and end the prosecutions by Executive Order.

Next, Rachel talks to Lawrence O'Donnell about the weaponization of the Cloture Vote.  (And Lawrence really nails the Maine Senators hard with his ahem...Last Word.)



And then she talked to Nathaniel Frank, underlining that the White House does have options: