Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Manchin: "I can be just as good a footstool for Massey Energy as my Republican Opponent could"

I tried not to make it a secret how little regard I have for West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin. I wrote about his holding the Senate hostage (imagine that!) while he positioned himself to run for Senate. I wrote that I thought he was going to win, despite himself.

Now, I'm not so sure (and I'm also not sure I'm sorry). Why?

Because a day after a poll showed him losing to his Teabagger opponent because "A vote for Manchin is a Obama", Manchin has decided to sue the Obama Administration over its Mining Administration policies.

Like West Virginia has been covered in glory over its mining policies.

All this is, is Manchin telling his true bosses (i.e. not the people of West Virginia) Massey Energy that he'd be just as much of a toadie for them as his Republican opponent would.

This is why I don't give to the DSCC. There are lots of Senators I want re-elected, and plenty more in my own party that I don't. I don't want to give even a fraction of a cent to people like Ben Nelson, Blance Lincoln, and Mark Pryor. I sure as hell don't want to give money to Joe Manchin, because in the end, I'm not sure what the difference is between him and a Republican.

If you want to give, I say give direct.  It's not like Joe Manchin needs your money anyway, he's got Massey he can go to.

No comments: