Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apology accepted

When stuff like this happens, you try to accept the apologies when they’re offered.

Jim Greer is trying to apologize for the racist and idiotic stuff that he said the last time the President gave a Back to School speech. Granted, he’s been dogged by Scandal, but it comes at an appropriate enough time (the President’s newest Back to the School speech) and he doesn’t seem to want anything in particular, other than to repair his shattered reputation.

I wanted to send you my thoughts about the Obama speech to kids ...

"In the year since I issued a prepared statement regarding President Obama speaking to the Nation's school children, I have learned a great deal about the party I so deeply loved and served. Unfortunately, I found that many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the President for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our Party today. My children and I look forward to the President's speech."
Jim Greer

Apology accepted.  I know it wasn't meant for me, but if I were the President I would accept the apology in the spirit in which it was given.

But I'm still angry about what he did.

I hope Mr. Greer understands how much he damaged the national discourse with crap like this. He (as well as Joe “You Lie!” Wilson) really set us back, and we have yet to catch up.